Speed is sexy. Speed is good. Speed is fun. And, ultimately, speed kills. Not kills as in “dead,” but kills as in “nailed it.” In the Financial Services space, speed is generally referred to as and identified by latency. Latency being defined here as a time delay between the initiation of a process and when the effect of the process becomes detected. A simple example could be a change in stock price and the buying or selling that surrounds that change – the amount of time between those two actions is the latency. For financial services firms, latency delays kill, but not in the good way.
Our recent release of TIBCO Spotfire 3.0 directly improves latency for financial services firms by providing the following:
- Real-time analysis and reporting – We’ve upgraded Spotfire 3.0’s dynamic data engine to automatically update BI visualizations and analyses based on external events and real-time data. These changes directly improve latency issues and add the ability to instantly spot trends from identified variables.
- Enterprise performance and scalability – We’ve also improved and updated Spotfire 3.0’s multi-tiered architecture. We’ve addressed:
- Full failover recovery
- Dynamic load balancing
- Centralized management of enterprise deployments
- Simplified application integration – We’ve eliminated the potential for finger pointing between vendors and made it easy and fast for Spotfire 3.0 to integrate with:
- SAP NetWeaver BI
- SAP ERP
- Siebel eBusiness Applications
- Oracle E-Business Suite
Speed is a differentiating factor for BI tools within financial services firms. Organizations can use a tool like Spotfire 3.0 to improve response times, change orders, and update strategies within milliseconds. Now that’s a killer.
To learn more about Spotfire 3.0, click here.
To see how some of our customers are using Spotfire 3.0, click here.
Spotfire Blogging Team