As the United States, unfortunately, moves closer and closer to 100 bank failures this year, risk managers must look deeper and deeper at risk levels across portfolios. The ability to assess and visualize the risk in loan portfolios in light of continued bank failures and economic troubles is of utmost importance for all financial services organizations. This is not a problem unique to the US. Europe and the rest of world are not immune.
We recently completed a webinar discussing the use of TIBCO Spotfire Analytic Solutions to assess and visualize risk in loan portfolios. The recording of the webinar can be found here and the details are below:
Loan Analytics – Assess and Visualize Risks in Your Loan Portfolio using TIBCO Spotfire Analytic Solutions
- Venkat Mullur, Senior Director, Industry Solutions, TIBCO Spotfire
Loan portfolios are affected by both interest rates and the risk of defaults. In complex loan books, with credits to different types of counterparties and long maturing exposures, it can often prove difficult to state with certainty, future states, cash flows, and present valuations. A credit risk manager often has to deal with distributions and probabilistic modeling of cash flows to arrive at either a loss distribution or valuation distribution.
See how TIBCO Spotfire’s Loan Analytics solution can help you gain insights into your loan book. Learn how to:
- Create a modeling workflow, and perform the modeling, and finally visualize the results
- Interactively and intuitively visualize the results of complex simulations
- De-mystify the contents of a typical risk report
- State with certainty, future states, cash flows, and present valuations
- Deal with distributions and probabilistic modeling of cash flows
Take a listen – it’s valuable information.
Spotfire Blogging Team
Image Credit: Microsoft Office Clip Art