Automate with Ease
There’s a lot of buzz around the idea of automating analytics. Imagine a scenario where you have an analysis of sales data for your store’s departments. Each department manager wants a weekly update. Can you get that information without manual intervention? Yes, you can.
With Spotfire Automation Services, you can ensure that each manager gets a sales performance update for their respective departments on a regular basis, with access only to their unique view.
What is Automation Services?
Automation Services is a tool for running automated analyses in TIBCO Spotfire. It is built on the Spotfire Platform and lets you automate creation of analysis files and perform a series of actions.
For example, it can send reports at scheduled intervals, take and save a snapshot of data embedded in a Spotfire document when certain events occur, and in other situations, trigger an automated action based on a Spotfire document.
Under the hood, Automation Services is a standards-based web service that is usually triggered by a scheduler that executes a job. A job is a set of tasks that is performed each time the analysis runs. While creating a job, there are a number of pre-defined tasks that can be leveraged, but Automation Services can also be easily extended with other tasks in addition to those included.
In a nutshell, TIBCO Spotfire Automation Services provides a platform and the necessary tools for automating TIBCO Spotfire without user interaction or a visible user interface. It enables the delivery of updated information to the right people, in the right format, at the right time.
- Web Service for Executing Batch Jobs: Send reports and emails, segregate views of an analysis, and execute many other actions in an automated fashion.
- Set of Common Pre-built Tasks: While creating jobs, choose from a number of pre-defined tasks (for example, Apply Bookmarks, Save Analysis to Library, Send Email, and others) that are available out of the box to build automated jobs.
- API for Developing Custom Tasks: Add custom tasks via the developer SDK.
- Improves Productivity: Automates the production, personalization, and distribution of Spotfire Analytic Applications – no manual effort involved. Automation Services can also be leveraged to trigger an automated action that orchestrates an end-to-end process based on a Spotfire document.
- Engenders Proactivity: Automates notifications via email containing relevant information to encourage prompt action.
- Supports Personalized Insights: Personalizes pre-configured Spotfire analytic applications with a parameterized subset of data relevant to a specific audience of end users.