Location Analytics Enriches Insights
The concept of “location” is pervasive in today’s data. Think of your corporate data: employees, customers, prospects, partners, real estate, assets – all have an associated geography or location. Adding location visualizations – maps – into your analytics mix can add a whole new dimension to data discovery. Maps provide a common visual language that help us to immediately orient to what the data are telling us. Applying analytics to maps can lead you to richer insights and stronger decisions.
Best-in-Class Location Analytics with TIBCO Spotfire
Location analytics is a core component of TIBCO Spotfire® market-leading visual analytics platform. Spotfire blends visual data discovery and interactive analytics with sophisticated digital mapping, empowering you to intuitively explore your data through a location-based lens and giving you richer insights than ever before.
Plus, with Spotfire, you can generate even more powerful insights and forward-looking analyses by applying predictive analytics to location-based data. Spotfire goes beyond geographical data to support any physical object or layout that you want to map and analyze. It’s all within the Spotfire platform, giving you a streamlined workflow for location analytics.
Key Location Analytics Capabilities in TIBCO Spotfire
- Attractive, Multi-Layered Map Visualizations: Quickly create a map customized to fit your unique needs using the built-in library of global geographic maps. Mashup multiple layers of data on a single map and use various markers, shapes, and colors to represent data in the most meaningful way.
- Automatic Geocoding: Accurately position locations on maps down to the city level with built-in geocoding and geocode millions of data points down to the street level with GeoAnalytics Builder.
- Fully Interactive: Zoom-in and out to get deeper levels of detail. Drag, drop, and recombine all types of corporate and public data to gain new insights.
- Bidirectional interaction: See other visualizations and charts update as you ask and answer questions of your data – and vice versa.
- WMS and Esri ArcGIS support: Leverage your proprietary geographic sources and the growing volume of geospatially referenced data available on the web for richer analyses. For example, you could combine insurance claims data with weather data to see a correlation between storms and damage.
- Advanced Location Analytics: Apply advanced predictive and statistical models to location-based data for deeper insights and stronger decisions, for example, route optimization, revenue lift from marketing campaigns.
- Non-Geographic Maps: Create an analytic “map” of any physical object or location that can benefit from spatial analytics, for example, product placement on a store shelf, failure patterns on a silicon wafer, or the operational flow on your warehouse floor.
- Real-Time Data Support: Layer in real-time proprietary or public data, like vehicle engine performance or weather systems, for analytics with up-to-the minute insights and decisions.
- Mobile Location Awareness: Find the current location of an iPad user to incorporate into your mobile analytic applications.
Spotfire supports multiple map layers and allows you to see further details as you zoom-in on your data.
Spotfire marries mapping, visual data discovery, and predictive analytics. The above graphic shows a predictive model applied to underlying data to show which stores are most likely to have a revenue lift given the parameters of a marketing promotion.