With economic uncertainty continuing around the world, a sustained focus on capital optimization, liquidity management, efficiency and opportunities arising from ever-lower latency will be critical. Plus, a heightened regulatory climate will necessitate new levels of transparency and compliance. And for wealth management and brokerage firms, staying close to clients who are concerned about volatile markets will be crucial.
To enable you to meet these challenges, Spotfire can help:
- Investment banks, asset management firms, diversified financial firms and hedge funds significantly change operating principles.
- Traders and institutional investors better understand the impact of significant market events on their positions and asset portfolios.
- Accurately analyze market and trading data to evaluate the competitiveness of traded products.
- Provide a robust visual and quantitative platform for equity research, counterparty risk management, and stress testing.
- Discern trends that could help with capital market strategies such as hedging and asset management.
- Quickly analyze prices, pre and post trade.
- Independently validate market prices of assets such as bonds, and change material assumptions underlying the portfolio.
- Visualize correlations across a number of macroeconomic variables, and validate firm-wide strategy on managing market risk.
Risk & Compliance Management
Currently, Risk and Compliance Management is very much an “After the Event” process, concentrating on gathering information after the business has been transacted. The sea change here is through the use of Spotfire to provide a Risk and Compliance Management environment, which not only captures all elements of risk via consolidation of disparate data sources, but also actively predicts the likely future outcomes; thus allowing you to pro-actively deal with any projected threats to regulatory breaches and potential defaults.
Spotfire brings the following gains:
- Better decisions through visual understanding of complex measures. e.g. VaR, RAROC in relation to the corporate risk hierarchy.
- A complete view of enterprise risk across silos allowing better alignment of risk measures and performance, improving capital allocation.
- Greater clarity of risk for executives and regulators.
- Lower latency because risk decisions can be based on up-to-date information.
Portfolio Management is as much an art as it is a science. It’s making decisions about investment mix and policy, matching investments to objectives, asset allocation for individuals and institutions, and balancing risk against performance. Spotfire provides portfolio managers and analyst with the ability to create the analytics they need from the data they want in the time frame they require.
Portfolio management is all about strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats in the choice of debt vs. equity, domestic vs. international, growth vs. safety, and many other tradeoffs encountered in the attempt to maximize return at a given appetite for risk.
For portfolio managers and analysts, Spotfire enables you to:
- Better understand both current and overtime performance.
- Compare portfolios against benchmarks by bringing in data from different asset trading and management systems.
- Discern trends with portfolio management strategies such as risk-return asset allocation and hedging.
- Quickly and accurately compare portfolios to discern the most optimal mix of assets.
- Accurately and visually rate and quantify fund manager performance to understand the benefits of active management.
- Create a global view of all financial portfolios, and visualize asset portfolios by asset class, strategy, management, and geography.
Big data holds big opportunities. We help you reveal them.
Spotfire helps the world’s leading organizations transform their businesses by quickly delivering actionable insights.
With Spotfire, you can:
- Boost awareness for your top brands in specific markets
- Maximize performance and revenue across all your products
- Reduce costs and risks by streamlining your operations
- Increase agility by introducing new products to market more quickly
- Foster innovation to consistently stay ahead of your competition
Always agile and powered by data-driven decisions, the best organizations anticipate opportunities and risks more effectively than their competitors. The secret to many of their successes is Spotfire. Get Spotfire and turn your big data into your biggest asset.